Travel from Newser

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pan Am and me

Buy at Amazon now!
It's hard to believe I retired six years ago today.  I had a great career as the Chief Financial Officer of Middletown Township, New Jersey;  I bet I could write a book about the political pressures on that job alone.  In my experience, politicians are in one way like hungry jaguars; they have enormous egos that must be constantly fed.  

But that book will be for another day.  Right now I'd like to remind you again that I have written about my exciting life while working for Pan Am, "The World's Most Experienced Airline" of the 1960's.



My experience at Pan American World Airways during the mid ‘60s and early ‘70s was far more than just a job.  It was a whole series of adventures.  I met Fidel Castro, Collin Powell and the Beatles.  I was snowbound and buried in baggage at Kennedy Airport for 3 days during the Christmas Blizzard of ’66.  I was on special assignment in Paris during the infamous general strike of ’68.  I survived three years of martial law in Guatemala after Ambassador Mien was executed while escaping from terrorist kidnappers.  My plane caught fire and lost its only two engines over the steaming Honduras jungle during the 1969 “Soccer War".  Best of all, I met and married my soul mate

No comments:

Post a Comment