Travel from Newser

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bad weather, how convenient!

Beat the airlines when they play the “bad-weather” card!

Hurry-up and wait!  I'm tired of being treated like a dolt.  Why don't the airlines just tell you the truth about delays?  

I see a lot of frost on wing tips.
Who knows if we will leave on our trip?
We’re told to line up at the gate and display IDs.
I get frisked anew and have to show the Feds my keys.

The wings have ice. It’s above the door.
I’m worried that it will never thaw.
While the plane is sprayed I need to pee
and I want a drink, I’m so thirsty.

Seat belts are on; I can’t leave my seat….
It’s tough to admit my own defeat.
To bitch and moan may well be contagious….
I’d start a riot; make things more grievous.

The doors are closed; an engine started;
attendants check that we tighten our belts;
a turbine coughs…perhaps it farted;
the plane is pushed off; anxiety melts.


Don’t you miss the fun of flying
when they just eyed your boarding pass?
They never bothered patting the padding
on your shoulders, your hips or your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment